Welcome to my blog...

...that started through a request to record some of our work; will anyone actually look?

Monday, November 22, 2010

Learning Without Frontiers

Learning Without Frontiers have asked me to present at this years Conference.

This is an outline of my talk:

Digital glue: helping to change your School through the careful use of technology.


I am firm believer that technology should be a lot more than the 'stuff' that doesn't work properly yet; although with over 200 handheld 'PDA' devices owned by students, and numerous Wiis, DS handhelds and SMARTboards in use everyday at Normanby making it work- and produce results- is a challenge. A big one!

I will talk about how innovation can be initiated and maintained in a school environment, and share my pupils views. I will draw upon my experiences both in school and on a windy rainswept Moor in the middle of the night!

This is the bio I had to write, how strange is it to describe yourself for others to read?

"Working as a Head teacher in the North East of England, Carl has developed his schools use of a range of technologies that support learners, their families and teachers.

The impact of his work with staff has been recognised through the presentation of several awards, including from the Guardian Newspaper, Hand Held Learning and the Northern Grid for Learning. Previously in his first Headship Carl led his school to be 'one of the top 12 most improved' schools in the country.

Carl has served as Team Leader in a Mountain Rescue Team, helping to coordinate and lead the response to a wide range of emergency situations."

No comments:

Post a Comment